Monday, September 11, 2006

Portfolio Time






Here are some pages from my portfoilio I'm put together. And well I'm sucking in my gut and finally getting it out there. Its easy as pie, and the hardest thing in the world. Of course I'm probably making it harder. It's just stressful tring to put it together. "Do I have too much of this in it?" "Should I put more life drawings?", heck you don't know. You can reasearch a company all you want, and you'll never know exactly what they're looking for. I guess that's the point, least that's what I tell myself. I've already submitted to Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and DreamWorks, Wednsday I get to go through the hoops and submit to Disney. Actually that will probably be a story in its own. I had to call and schedule an appointment, and I can only make an appointment on Wednsdays between 10am and 12pm, then I can only park in spaces 90-96 or something. This is where it gets good, I'll go up the elevator and I get to a room with a reception desk, and no receptionist, fill out the forms and then call a number, then a rep will come down and review my portfolio. Whew, that'll be an adventure, but it makes sense, I'm sure they get a ton of nuts tring to apply and this is to make sure that people are serious. Well wish me luck, and I'll let you know how everything is going

8 Comments:

Blogger LdS said...

Fine place your blog! And talentous & well-humoured, besides! Will turn back! That's for sure!
(How it was discovered? Some Canadian visitor to my blog left here the track for finding yours. That was a nice suggestion!)

11:18 PM  
Blogger Robert Hume said...

Wow that's crazy!! I'm about to go threw the same sort of B.S. over the next three to four months so I fell your pain...it's just weird, sending your stuff out or getting the nerve summed up to do so...but it sounds like your doing all the right things man, keep it up! In L.A. persistance pays off, or so all my friends out there keep telling me this...

-Bob

3:25 PM  
Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

well cool thing is, I called Nickelodeon today, and alothough they don't have any characetr design openings, they said they did like my designs, so my head has now swolen to gigantic proportions, but it's not a job. But its gives you hope to hear that.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Robert Hume said...

Well yeah man, all your designs ARE great! keep up the good work

7:12 AM  
Blogger justinpatrickparpan said...

Swell designs man!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Hans said...

Great stuff! The cowboy on the top is my fav.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Yavuz said...

nice portfolio works!!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Yavuz said...

nice portfolio works!!!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home