Monday, July 23, 2007

Rant time

A rant



Karen and I can't be the only ones who think this. I mean don't get us wrong, we love Pixar and all the great films that they do, but when they make a movie that's all about finding great talent in unexpected places, one can't help but be like suurrree. I mean Rats maybe a be able to cook, but if they really want to cook, they should have gone to school at Cal Arts. Cause when it comes to looking for that great unexpected talent, they only seem to look in one place.

BTW I'll probably get blacklisted for this Like my pal Brian http://brianslifeasacartoon.blogspot.com/2006/03/chuck-jones-incident.html

8 Comments:

Blogger g1toons said...

i can understand, this as i did not goto to the best school, (did not know that until it was to late) and i find that its who you know and what school you went to. but i am still working hard, to get to where i want to be. but i get you

10:18 AM  
Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

Yeah its Lame, its about who you know, it should be about what you can do, and to a degree it is, but then IT REALLY comes down to who you know when you want to get that foot in the door. Really though the school doesn't matter, its just about putting yourself out there, and just doing, not thinking about, not preparing for it, just doing. A lot of it is getting over yourself and your own fears. Well least that's what Karen and I are learning.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CalArts baby, CalArts!!!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard this is true... It's not what you know, it's who you know.

And how good you look knowing it ;)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

the "who you know" system is all over the job market. I like your Rat comic because it's speaks some truths about becoming a professional artist. I don't feel that I went to the best art school either, but I'm working my way into the business with the knowledge I have and am gaining from others online and in books.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

Yeah it all about persistence and hard work in the end. So don't ever quit!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Gabriel Hunt said...

Its about how good-looking you are. I think thats your problem Bill. You're one sexy bitch and people fell threatened by that. No one is gonna hire you if you're gonna take all the poon-tang attention.
Think about it.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Robert Hume said...

Hey man I want to see some new posts!!!!!:D

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home