Saturday, September 16, 2006

Whoo Hoo

Boy oh boy am I excited about what went down at Disney TV on Wednsday. After getting lost in the humbling experience they call a studio, I finally met up with the rep that would take a look at my portfolio. Really nice guy too, its always nice when your portfolio is reviewed by someone that actually seems to care who you are and what you have to show. He tells me about how usually artist are brought on by the directors and producers and how the industry is a tight knit group. Like 1 or 2 degrees of seperation, I think is how he put it. Anyways, people usually know who they want for a show, before the show is even greenlit, so being a newbie in the industry, that's not probably what would happen to me. What is cool though, is the guy was building a database of people's artwork that he could show to producers, directers etc when they would need artists to fill in positions or work for existing shows. Well long story short, he looks at my stuff, likes it, and says he'll put me on a waiting list of outside the studio artists, that when extra work is needed they'll farm the work out as freelance gigs.

So I'm pretty jazzed about the review, granted its not a job, and I don't know when or even if I'll ever see any freelance work, but its still a big boost to my confindence, and really feels good. He wants me to even send in my demo reel, so he can have other examples of what I can do, so I'm hurridly tring to put in together in a dvd. So all in all it was a good day, and I feel even better about my chances of at least getting my foot in the door.

So stay tuned true believers and wish me luck.

Oh and here's a big fat girl I saw at Universal City Walk, for your enjoyment.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

hey thanks for the words on my blog...... what materials are you using at your park?....keep up the good work

10:59 AM  
Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

We use airbrush and marker and color sticks. We have 2 airbush booths and 4 marker and color stick booths. I used to do the marker and color sticks at Sea World, but no I love using the airbrush, but I need more practice.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Robert Hume said...

Hey Bill, well something went down this week that speed up my moving date to L.A. SIGNIFICANTLY!! I'm not going to go into the details as to what that was, but lets just say it put the fire under my ass and now it looks like I'll be packing up and driving out to L.A. in as early as two weeks from now, possible sooner...

We'll have to meet up sometime when I finally get out there, and have my people talk to your people and all that hollywood jazz.
Either that or possible go life drawing, my current port is hurtin' for it! Anyhow, Peace out man and cool news about Disney!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

wow awesomeman. Now I'm all curious about what happened. But drop me a line when you get up here.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Yavuz said...

wooow! you have very incredible stuff here man. nice character designs. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Yavuz said...

wooow! you have very incredible stuff here man. nice character designs. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home