Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Storyboards

"Hello True Believers"- Stan Lee

Well even though it looks like there's a bit of a lull in character design jobs , I found postings on Nickelodeon's job website for storyboard positions. Lately I've been hesitant to even look into the positions, because although I can do storyboards, A: I don't have a portfolio, and B: I don't have any samples to even put in said portfolio. Buuuuut I was feeling good after the illustration test, so I decided to work on some boards and APPLY for those positions. It was fun, and stressfull. For instance I found quickly that I am very used to drawing on large surfaces, and had difficulty switching to drawing in the tiny little itty bity storyboard boxes. But I managed, and after slowing my pace down and really putting some work into the sketches, I think they came out pretty good. So in a week I got three boards done, not bad I think. One is of a scene from the movie "The Man Who Knew to Little". It's a small scene, and I chose it because I've never scene the movie. ( I know I know, I'm lame) And I just recently ,after finishing the boards, found out that its a Bill Murray movie. But it was a challenge to follow the script that I downloaded, and that was good, because I really wanted to challenge myself. The other two is a small fight scene I boarded off the top of my head, and the third is the now official storyboard for the "Nerd" animation project Karen and I are in the stages of finishing. (stay tuned it will get done, I swear!!!) Well I turned them into Nickelodeon on Tuesday, it was either that or vote, and ...ehh.... Today I dropped them off at Cartoon Network. Its a little more stressful to have turned in my portfolio now, because now, they actually have positions open that I'm actually appling for!!! So wish me luck!! I posted some pages from some of them here. Hopefully they're big enough to see. Enjoy!!










5 Comments:

Blogger Clinton said...

Drawing in small spaces is difficult for me too. I have been drawing in those tiny spiral sketchbooks in order to train myself on it.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool board!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Robert Hume said...

Cool stuff, yeah I usually try to use slightly larger frames, and then just scale them down later if I need to in a computer. It's easier for me that way.

BTW cool chatting with you the other day man, we got to hang out sometime this week. Peace!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

why you gotta make the nerd look like bryan? where are the asian nerds?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

I can't help it that Brian fits every nerd sterotype out there!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home